noticing more and more when white people talk about rap culture negatively saying “it’s just them talking about getting money, who cares that you have money, it’s narcissistic and obnoxious to brag about it”
like oh my god can you make it any clearer that you don’t understand for…
This was recorded by the Portsmouth Sinfonia in an experiment where all the members of the orchestra would swap instruments with each other and attempt to play them to the best of their ability.
favorite things about this
- literally all the brass starts to get the hang of it and then the crescendos happen and everyone is like FUCK FUCK FUCK??? FUCK. JUST. BLOW RLY HARD.
- the strings are lazy but also the same. like u can tell a lot of the ppl w/ the stringed instruments may already basically know how to play stringed instruments. like there’s definitely a section at the beginning where you hear a good portion going “oh yeah this is like. a smaller/bigger version of what i do.”
- all you hear of any woodwinds is just “pffffttt??? pFFFTTTT???? PFFFFFTTTT I SAID PFFFFTTTT!!!!!” bc woodwinds are fucking HARD and you hear after like the first crescendo half of them just give up. they give up. they’re done. fuck this it tastes weird and my lips hurt.
- that trumpet. that person is fucking TRYING man they fucking GOT this. they may not have figured out notes but they figured out LOUD and they GOT this.
I JUST DIED
I SEARCHED THIS POST FOR AGES OH MY GOD
I think he said that women should offer to pay half, knowing they’ll probably be turned down. I said, well, sometimes — but what if the other person invited you someplace really expensive? What if you agreed to a date with the guy and he spent an hour saying crazy racist shit to you and you felt like you couldn’t escape? This is what led to our real disagreement.
The male debater felt strongly that if a woman wasn’t interested in a second date, she should say so on the spot. If the man says, “Let’s do this again sometime,” the woman shouldn’t say, “Sure, great,” and then back out later. I said that that was a nice ideal, but that he should keep in mind that most women spent most of their lives living in low-level fear of physical aggression from men. I think about avoiding rape (or other violence) every time I walk home from the subway, every time there’s an unexpected knock at the door, and certainly every time I piss off an unhinged man. So, if I were on a date with a man who I felt was unbalanced, creepy, overly aggressive, or possibly violent, and he asked if I wanted to “do this again sometime,” I would say whatever I felt would avoid conflict. And then I would leave, wait awhile, and hope that letting him down politely a few days later would avoid his finding me and turning my skin into an overcoat.
The male debater was furious that I had even brought this up. He felt that the threat of violence against women was irrelevant, and that I was playing some kind of “rape card” as a debate trick. He got angrier and angrier as we argued. I also got angrier and angrier, although I worked hard to keep speaking in a calm and considered way. He was shouting and cutting me off when I tried to speak. I pointed out that the debater himself was displaying exactly the sort of behavior that would make me very uncomfortable on a date. THAT made him livid.
He then called me “passive-aggressive.”
I was genuinely taken aback. “Actually,” I said, “I call this ‘behaving myself.’” It’s a lot of work to stay calm when you’re just as furious as the other person, and that other person is shouting at you. I felt that I was acting like a grownup — at some emotional cost to myself — and I wanted credit, not insults, for being able to speak in a normal tone of voice when I was having to explain things like, “We can’t tell who the rapists are before they turn violent, so sometimes we have to be cautious with men who do not intend to harm us.”
This entire article is worth reading.
Sadly, I am not able to make the convention in Madrid, Spain because of University. So instead of letting my pass go to waste, I’m going to give the chance of my followers getting the ticket!
- WHEN AND WHERE DOES THE CONVENTION TAKE PLACE?
Here’s what’s included with the ticket - ALPHA PASS:
- Access to the event for the 3 days.
- Admission to the panel room.
- Reserved seat in area 1.
- A group photo to be taken with all of our guests.
- An autograph of each guest.
- Priority for autographs after the VIP passes.
- Priority for photos after the VIP passes.
- Possibility of acquiring more autographs.
- Possibility of acquiring more photos.
- Possibility of acquiring passes for any other special activities.
HOW DO I TAKE PART?
- All you have to do it REBLOG the post. Likes do not count and you MUST be following me because this is for the chance of my followers to receive this pass and I will be checking if the winner follows me. ONLY REBLOG ONCE A DAY.
HOW LONG WILL THE GIVEAWAY LAST?
- The giveaway will end the JULY 23RD at 12:00am GMT.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL! <3
"I spent like 10 years of my life pretending to fly around on a broomstick and you’re asking me if preparing for a love scene was ‘tricky’ because the other person also had a penis?"
Pocahontas basada en la ropa de los Powhatan en el siglo 17.
El vestido de Cenicienta de acuerdo a la moda de mediados de 1860.
Jasmín, basado en pinturas pre-islámicas de Oriente Medio.
La Bella Durmiente, allá por 1485.
El vestido de Bella según la moda de la aristocracia francesa de 1770.
FUCK YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
|—||Marius to Armand, The Queen of the Damned (via marius-de-romanus)|
Still pretty proud of my response to this.
I was totally down with the change over already, but not knowing the backstory, this just convinced me so hard that Captain America needs to be a minority right now.
Before, Marvel said, “This is what you want? Well fuck you, he isn’t going to help you.”
Now Marvel is saying, “This is who you’re throwing under the bus? Who you’re tossing into prison like he doesn’t mean anything? Who you demonize regularly? Well fuck you, he’s going to save you anyway.”
And as far as the Thor thing, that whole, “If he be worthy part,” yeah, they’re giving the finger to the patriarchy right there saying, “Hey, women are worthy too.”
If these two things were spaced out, I might believe that they were just marketing ploy, but they come so close together at a time where this message is necessary, I can’t help but think that there are people at Marvel who get it and are going with it.
I mean, if they were willing to fight Hitler during WWII, why not be willing to fight some of the evils of today?
Also Hitler wasn’t a great fan of black dudes either. Just sayin’.